How to Make Perfect Lemon blueberry scones 🍋 with 751x532 Resolution
Lemon blueberry scones 🍋.
You can have Lemon blueberry scones 🍋 using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon blueberry scones 🍋
- Prepare 2 c. of All-purpose flour.
- You need 6 T. of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 T. of Fresh lemon zest (about one lemon).
- Prepare 2 of & 1/2 t. Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 t. of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 c. of Unsalted butter, frozen.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of Heavy cream (add, 2T. for brushing) see last step for sub.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 t. Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup blueberries (if frozen, don't thaw).
- Prepare of Lemon Icing.
- Prepare 1 c. of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 T. of Lemon juice.
Lemon blueberry scones 🍋 step by step
- Whisk flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together..
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the blueberries, then mix together until everything appears moistened..
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges..
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.).
- Place scones on a plate or lined baking sheet (if your fridge has space!) and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.—you can skip this, but it helps scones to hold form..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. After refrigerating, arrange scones 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s)..
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before topping with lemon icing..
- Make the icing: Whisk the icing ingredients together. Drizzle over warm scones..
- Leftover iced or un-iced scones keep well at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 5 days..
- Instead of 1/2c heavy cream, you can use 1/4c Greek yogurt, 2T water, and 2T melted butter OR 1/4c yogurt and 1/4c milk.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.